Mechanical Design Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced mechanical design engineer to join our team of engineering professionals. Reporting directly to our head of mechanical design, you will be responsible for conceptualising, designing, testing and documenting the mechanical aspects of new bespoke automated test systems, fixtures and assemblies. You will have the opportunity to be involved in the whole lifecycle process working closely with customers, Project Managers, Department managers, Production & assembly. This is a very varied role, no job is the same so you will need to be multi-disciplined and willing to learn and develop your skillset.
The ideal candidate will
- Proficient in using mechanical 3D CAD software (Solid Works, Solid Edge, Creo etc)
- Good planning skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in working on mechanical design projects end to end.
- Experience in innovating new concepts and carrying them through from idea to product.
- Multi-disciplined – have expertise in different areas of design i.e pneumatics, robotics, mechanisms, automation etc.
- Ideally Degree/HND/HNC, but not essential.
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Company Pension
- Life Assurance
- Cycle 2 Work
- Up to 25 Days Holiday
- Salary negotiable on experience